When was the last time a severe storm hit your town? Has a power outage ever forced you to cancel work? Have you ever had a fire or sprinkler discharge at your facility? We ask these questions because disaster preparedness is a contingency that all businesses need to take seriously, but that few do.
To underscore just how important this issue is, consider these statistics:
- The mortality rate for companies without a disaster recovery plan is nearly 90%
- As many as 8 out of 10 businesses affected by a major incident either never reopen or close within 18 months.
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year.
Simply put, if your business is affected by just one of the many common types of disasters, it could severely compromise your ability to serve clients. Worse yet, it could force you to make expensive and unplanned new investments. You could find yourself faced with the very real risk that you will never fully recover.
The good news is that you can get your business prepared quickly, completely, and cost effectively if you rely on disaster recovery consultants. These experts will match the specifics of your business with proven preparedness strategies to immediately reduce your vulnerability. Ultimately, the money you spend to work with one of these consultants is an investment in the future rather than a burdensome new cost. These are just a few of the ways that disaster recovery consultants could save you cash over the long run:
- Spend Less to Replace Lost IT Assets. Think of all the money you have spent on data center hardware including servers, cooling devices and other equipment. Now consider the fact that a relatively minor disaster could completely destroy this equipment in a matter of minutes. Essentially, you would have to build a brand new data center just to get back to square one. Disaster recovery consultants can show you ways to keep these IT assets safe against every imaginable threat. That way, if and when disaster does strike, the cost of recovery is significantly less.
- Worry Less about Lost Data. Even worse than destroyed equipment is the loss of the data stored inside of it. It’s relatively easy to replace a server, but potentially impossible to replace customer data, financial records, and intellectual property. One of the reasons that so many businesses close following a disaster is that they’ve lost the information they previously relied on. Disaster recovery consultants can implement sophisticated backup strategies to ensure that all your data survives.
- Foster Business Continuity. Ideally, your business would be able to continue serving clients and meeting obligations immediately after a disaster. That way you would continue to generate revenue and your clients would stay immune to the effects of the disaster. Disaster recovery consultants can show you ways to foster this kind of business continuity so that your business can keep working even if your office has been shut down.
- Rely on True Preparedness. Businesses that try to handle their own disaster preparedness initiatives tend to spend unnecessary amounts of time and money and end up with a plan that is not as thorough or responsive as it needs to be. Disaster recovery consultants can use their expertise to help your business prepare itself faster, cheaper, and more effectively.
It’s never too late to start taking disaster preparedness seriously. Disaster is unpredictable by its very nature, and there is no telling when the unexpected could strike your business. Make sure you are protected against every possible contingency by working with disaster recovery consultants. Start the conversation by contacting SiteB Data today.